Quinoa Kichidi is one of my creative dishes, and I am glad about the results. It is a win-win dish as it is very very healthy and at the same time very delicious and easy to make
To serve 4
- Boiled Quinoa
- Onion: 2
- Carrots diced – 2
- Peas (2 cups)
- Green Chillies (1 -3 according to tolerance)
- Curry Leaves: Few (can omit in unavailable)
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- A handful of chopped Coriander
- Cashew Nuts
- Mustard Seeds for tempering
- Chana dal for tempering if available
- Coconut Oil
- Lime juice (1/2 lime)
- Cook 250 gms of Quinoa separately. (1 cup water to 1 cup Quinoa)
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Temper with mustard seed and channa dal, once the mustard seeds splutter, add the chopped onions and green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry the onions until translucent. Add the chopped carrots and peas, sprinkle some water and cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Add the boiled Quiona, 1 tsp turmeric and salt and cook/fry for further 7-10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- After switching off the pan, squeeze half a lime and chopped coriander.