Angel Hair with Zucchini & Tomatoes
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, heat pan on medium-high heat, add oil when pan is hot.
3. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute about 1 minute.
4. Add julienned zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes, add tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir for another minute. Remove from heat.
5. Drain pasta and reserve some of the water. Toss the pasta well with zucchini.
6. Add pasta water if needed and serve with grated Parmesan (optional) and chopped parsley.
227 gm Pasta, Capellini, whole wheat, dry
4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
4 clove(s) Garlic (chopped)
2 medium shallot(s) Shallots (diced)
2 medium Zucchini (julienned)
3 medium Tomato (diced)
1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup Chicken broth (stock), low sodium
1 pinch Salt and pepper
2 tbsp Parsley, fresh (chopped)
Dietary servings Per Portion
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss