Broccoli Fritters with Pesto
1. In a large mixing bowl beat the egg with the flax meal and let sit so it begins to thicken.
2. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets in a steaming basket for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and rinse under cold water until room temperature.
3. Put the broccoli in a food processor and add the flax egg mixture, juice and zest of 1⁄2 lemon, almond meal, salt, pepper, and optional nutritional yeast and/or cheese. Blend well.
4. Using your hands, form into 6 patties and let rest on parchment paper in the fridge for a few minutes before cooking.
5. Melt coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook the broccoli fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Prepare two plates with a bed of arugula tossed with fresh lemon juice. Mash the avocado with the pesto and divide among the fritters.
7. Optional to serve with a side of braised green beans, your favourite fall veggie, or topped with a poached egg.
1/4 cup Almond flour/meal, Bob’s Red Mill
2 cup Arugula
1/2 avocado(s) Avocado
2 tbsp Basil pesto (or pesto of choice)
2 cup Broccoli florets
2 tsp Coconut oil
1 medium egg Egg
1 tbsp Flaxseed meal (ground)
1/2 whole lemon(s) Lemon juice
1/2 whole lemon(s) Lemon peel (zest)
2 tbsp Nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
1 pinch Salt and pepper (to taste – sea salt)
Serve with a side of roasted chickpeas for additional protein!
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 0.8
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss