Butternut Squash Panini
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss the squash with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, red pepper flakes, and a touch of salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. While the squash is baking, heat olive oil in a saute pan over low/medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, 7-9 minutes. Add the vinegar and maple syrup or honey and cook until thickened.
4. Combine the squash and onions in a bowl and mash to combine. In a separate bowl, mix together the goat cheese, parsley, and mint.
5. Take each slice of bread and spread it with some of the goat cheese. Top with the arugula, squash mix, and remaining slice of bread. Place in a heated skillet with a small amount of olive oil or a panini press to toast each side and melt the cheese.
1 squash Butternut squash (peeled and diced)
3 tbsp Coconut oil
1/8 tsp Red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp Sea salt
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 medium Yellow onion (sliced)
2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 1/2 cup Arugula
8 slice Bread, sprouted, whole grain, Ezekiel
1/2 cup Goat cheese, soft
1 tbsp Parsley, fresh (chopped)
1 tbsp Mint, fresh (chopped)
Butternut Squash is a power-packed veggie, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate!
Dietary servings Per Portion
Milk Alternative 0.4
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss