High Protein Fruit Salad
A refreshing and delicious healthy snack!
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, slice strawberries and cherries and place in a large bowl along with blueberries
3. Mix the dressing ingredients (maple syrup, balsamic, lime juice, salt) in a small jar and adjust to taste if necessary.
Note: You may have to double the dressing recipe if your salad is quite large.
4. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and add to large bowl with fruit. Combine. Pour on dressing and mix well.
5. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until serving time.
3/4 cup Quinoa, uncooked
2 cup slices Strawberries
2 cup Blueberries
1 cup pitted Sweet cherry, raw (sliced)
2 tbsp Maple syrup, pure (or other liquid sweetener)
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Lime juice (fresh)
1 pinch Kosher salt
1/2 cup whole Almonds, raw (chopped)
Berries are packed with antioxidants called anthocyanins and they are a great source of fiber
Quinoa is very high in fiber and is a complete protein, it is low on the glycemic index and naturally gluten-free
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 0.5
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss