Pineapple Tofu Stir-Fry with Cashews
1. Drain and pat tofu dry; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir- fry
tofu until golden and crisp on edges, about 7 minutes.
3. Add green onions, garlic, red pepper, soy sauce, ginger,
salt and hot pepper flakes; stir- fry over medium heat,
gently stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in pineapple with juice and cashews; bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until almost no liquid remains,
about 5 minutes.
5. Whisk cornstarch (or arrowroot flour) with 1 tbsp (15 mL)
water; stir into tofu mixture and simmer until clear and
glossy, about 1 minute. Stir in coriander. Serve.
1 1/2 cup Candied pineapple (tidbits)
1/2 cup Cashew nuts, raw (unsalted)
2 tbsp Cilantro (coriander) (chopped fresh)
1 tbsp Cornstarch (Alternative thickeners: barley or arrowroot flour)
1 tsp minced Ginger root
2 stalk(s) Green onion, scallion, ramp (sliced)
1/2 tsp Hot pepper (chili) flakes
2 tbsp Olive oil
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Soy sauce, low sodium
1 medium pepper(s) Red bell pepper (diced)
450 gm Tofu, regular, extra firm
Tofu is an great source of plant based protein and an excellent source of iron and calcium!
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 1.3
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss