Red Lentil Curry
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and fry for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until browned.
3. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin and chili flakes, and sauté for 1 minutes, or until spices are fragrant.
4. Add water, lentils and salt. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 to 22 minutes, or until lentils have broken down completely.
6. Serve over rice sprinkled with chopped tomato and cilantro.
2 tbsp Vegetable oil (or use coconut oil)
1 cup Yellow onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp minced Ginger root
1 1/2 tsp, minced Turmeric root
1 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Hot pepper (chili) flakes
3 cup Water
1 cup Red lentils, raw
3/4 tsp Sea salt
1/2 cup chopped Tomato
1/4 cup Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)
Lentils are a great source of plant-based protein and provide fiber which is important for healthy digestion!
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 0.9
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss