Tomato Chickpea Soup
1. Warm the olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot set over high heat and add the onions.
2. Stir and turn heat down to medium after 1 minute. Let onions cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic and rosemary. Cook for a minute or two, and then add the tomatoes, honey, salt, pepper, 1 can chickpeas, and the stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
5. Working in batches, purée soup in blender and return to pot. Add the remaining can of chickpeas and warm the soup to serve.
3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 large White onion (thinly sliced)
2 clove(s) Garlic (minced)
2 tbsp Rosemary, fresh (minced)
3 can(s) (14oz) Diced tomatoes, canned
2 tbsp Honey, raw
1 tsp Sea salt
1 dash Black pepper
2 can (15oz) Chickpeas, canned, drained (rinsed)
4 cup Vegetable stock/broth
Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein and are very high in fiber
Dietary servings Per Portion
Meat Alternative 0.8
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss