One Pan Mexican Quinoa
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeño, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
4. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 clove(s) Garlic (minced)
1 medium pepper(s) Jalapeno pepper (diced)
1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
1 cup Vegetable stock/broth
1 can (15oz) Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)
1 can(s) (13oz) Diced tomatoes, canned
1 cup Frozen yellow corn kernels (thawed)
1 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 dash Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 avocado(s) Avocado (halved, seeded, peeled, diced)
1 whole lime(s) Lime juice (fresh)
2 tbsp Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)
Beans are a great source of plant-based protein and are high in fibre which helps to promote digestive health!
Quinoa is a complete protein and high in fibre!
Like the recipe? Please enter your email on the footer and click subscribe to get a copy of the e-book of 25 delicious high protein recipes for athletic performance & weight loss